@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise

@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise
Beautiful pix courtesy of Pak Zeus @ Studioline Photography

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Elijaz got bit at school!

Yesterday was quite a difficult day for me. It started in the morning till quite late, coz
  1. I had to prepare the kids dinners to pack and bring to school. Long story this - will put up a new post concerning said subject.
  2. Inundated by work and was antsy in the office - wasn't able to complete what I had planned out for the day
  3. Had to ask my sister's help to pick up the boys, coz I had foreseen it was gonna be a late-nighter
  4. Elijaz got bitten at day care!
  5. Come 9.00pm, I went on a guilt trip for not being there for my sons when they came back from school - had just read an article about how to cope with a clingy toddler (read as Elixir). Future mental note, keep your promises to your toddler - I said I'd come and pick them up in the evening, and as it turned out, it was Zeus who had come to the rescue and till 9pm, still no sign on Mama!
So, I quickly drove home, and as suspected, Elixir was red-eyed, fighting sleep waiting for me to come home. Elijaz had gone off to sleep, probably trying to forget the nightmare he went through earlier that day!

The bite was quite servere, although the skin didn't break, there was an obvious oblong red mark on his right forearm! My sister swears that you could see the indentation of the teeth marks - you could send it to the CSI lab for identification!

Anyway, all is well. These kinds of accidents are bound to happen at day care. But I made it a point to let the childminders know that should my child be the one to inflict injury on others, I would want to know. Apologies to the parents should be made ...

No comments: