@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise

@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise
Beautiful pix courtesy of Pak Zeus @ Studioline Photography

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Don't Cry

I was rendered helpless tonight.

Elixir was on full tantrum mode the moment I got back from a hard day at work, and nothing seemed to soothe him. Bathed him - he cried. Gave him his milk - he pushed it away. Took him for a drive with Pak Wan at the wheel - looked like he was going to calm down for a bit, but he became antsy once we alighted from the car. Sang to him - he started to convulse, unfortunately, in further anger. Even cousins Elise and Eric, bless them, stayed around to make him feel better.
Thought that once Papa came back from work, he would cool down a bit? Nope. Elixir even refused to go to him.

All the calm, soothing talk didn't seem to work, so I changed gears and tried being strict instead - left him there crying in the middle of the living room but I firmly invited him to join me in the bedroom. To no avail though, he kept crying, at one point even rolling on the floor. All the commotion obviously brought out Bibik, wanting to pick him up, but I didn't let her. And he kept on crying, even though periodically I'd call out to him to come to me.

Finally, Grandma came down to enquire what was happening and quickly went to the boy. Not soon after, TokTok peered down the stairs as well. Between the two, they managed to calm him down, and brought him out for a drive. He really showed me up tonight, my actions probably painted me negatively to my parents too.

I know my mom was upset with me that I left him crying. I wasn't too comfortable about it either, which made me even more upset. But I really didn't know what else to do. I still don't actually. In fact it's 4am now. I was awaken from sleep, coz Elixir woke up crying again. He's coming into 2 years old now. I should be able to exercise some discipline right? But he didn't bite - either he sensed that I was unsure of my actions, or he was just really really in a foul mood. So anyway, I'm still at a loss when he cries. And until he does, I'm looking out for suggestions on how best to deal.

And all this while, twin bro Elijaz sleeps peacefully in the bedroom...

No comments: