@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise

@ Rick's Cafe, Movie World, Surfer's Paradise
Beautiful pix courtesy of Pak Zeus @ Studioline Photography

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The joy of being sick

In one sense, I actually enjoy being sick because I get to spend time with the boys. And since I have sworn off hired (foreign) help for now, it's the same when the boys get sick. It's automatically quality time for all of us. The only difference is when I'm sick I want to sleep (but they won't let me). But if the boys are sick, I want them to sleep (but they won't let me).

Anyway, I couldn't sleep most of last night because the boys were taking turns coughing and wheezing. And struggling to breathe with a blocked nose to boot. Correction, two blocked noses to boot.

So, this morning, Mama unceremoniously changed both babes' diapers without a formal bath, asked Zeus along for support and company, and packed the boys off to the doctor's. Now, the kiasu that I am, we actually have 2 regular paediatricians. So we were off to the one in the hospital only to find out that today was the doctor's day-off. So, we went for the other one which would normally be packed, and luckily for us, there were only 3 kids before us.

Long story short, today, Elixir got his first experience with the Nebulizer. He was howling all the way. And trying to wiggle himself off my lap. The kakak administering the Neb looked on with much amusement. Elijaz couldn't sit still, and not in an excited kind of way, fearing for his turn.

Rest of the day? Well, I did go to the office for a bit to tie up some loose ends. But went home straight thereafter. Thought the boys could do with some love. No time like the present to play nurse nightingale.

So, here's hoping that the meds work and that all 4 of us can catch some Zs tonight.


No comments: